Structured Process for Bidding
DeviProp provides a structured framework for building Cost Estimates and Offers
The design of DeviProp encourage users to follow a logical, structured approach:
- Four “Context” views - Costs, Links, Prices and Excel – outline the main steps in preparing a cost estimate and building the corresponding Offer
- The Costs and Prices contexts provide data entry columns which may be specific to the client’s organisation and internal processes
- Scheduling is specific to each context
- The Costs and Prices contexts always present a consistent and complete view maintaining the mapping defined in the Links context
- The Excel context enables input data to be customised
Economic Data Management
Financial reference data for calculation of Cost Estimates
The Finance department is usually responsible for maintaining the financial and economic company reference data (e.g. manpower rates, exchange rates, travel & subsistence etc.) used by DeviProp. This data can be held either within DeviProp itself or in an Oracle database.
Each time a user accesses DeviProp, the up to date financial data can be downloaded ensuring alignment and harmonisation of calculations across the company.
Embedded Rules for Calculating Costs and Prices
DeviProp provides complete confidence in calculating Costs and Prices
Modifying the company's critical business data requires administrator privileges.
The formulae for calculating costs and prices are embedded and protected and cannot be changed by an end user, ensuring complete confidence in calculation results.
Financial Analysis Reports
Analyse and validate the Offer
Several reporting and analytic features are available to the Financial Controller for evauation and validation of the Offer, including
- Analysis cubes: These multi-dimensional data cubes and their associated Pivot Tables allow the analysis and synthesis of data, according to easily modified selection criteria. The cubes are fully configurable by the end user with respect to size and content of cells.
- Price Sheet: This report summarises the Selling Price of items and key financial ratios of the Offer. The default Price Sheet report template provided by DeviProp includes the “Financing diagram” and can be customised for the organisation to include several summary pages.